Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Scott and I saw our first Bald Eagle

Scott and I were fishing last Saturday on the Snake river below the dam about 5 miles from the house.

We looked up and saw a huge bald eagle land on the communications tower on the dam. I could not fish at that point. I kept on telling Scott, look isn't that cool... He finally got frustrated with me after 5-10 minutes of comments in awe.

The Eagle then flew off. I took off my hat to shield the sun to watch it fly away and commented that it was the symbol of Americas freedom to him. He thought I was saluting and took off his hoodie and said Dad I'm sorry, I didn't mean not to show respect. He then put his hand on his heart... It made my day..

3 comments:

~Hartwig Family~ said...

That is so sweet Ryan.. you are raising such upstanding good boys. You should be proud! Love you.

Camey Tucker said...

That is so awesome you saw an eagle. I simply love watching eagles. There is just something magical about them. That is so funny of Scott. I bet the next time he sees one he will always remember this time with you!

Jen B said...

AWESOME! What a fabulous moment! JB :)